The health benefits of regular exercise are well known. No matter what you age or current health, some form of exercise will strengthen your mind, body, and soul. Not sure? Read on to see how exercise can help!
1. Weight loss: Exercise not only burns calories during a work out, but transforms fat into muscle and results in increased caloric burning . . . even at rest!
2. Heart health: Improved blood pressure and cholesterol profile (increase in HDL or “good cholesterol” and decrease in bad triglycerides) from exercise result in lower risks of heart disease and strokes.
3. Brain Booster: Exercise stimulates chemicals in the brain like serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine which will make you feel happier and more relaxed. Multiple studies have shown that exercise not only sharpens your memory but can lower the risk of developing Alzheimer’s.
4. Spark up Sex: Improvements in confidence, self-esteem, and body image from exercise have been shown to improve sex life. Whether its enhanced arousal in women or decreased risk of erectile dysfunction in men, what more could you ask for?
5. Sumptuous Sleep: If you are having trouble falling asleep, staying asleep, or waking too early, exercise can improve all aspects of poor sleep hygiene.
6. Cutback Cancer: Exercise and weight loss can lower the risk of several types of cancer including breast, colorectal, endometrial, pancreatic, and esophageal cancer.
The positive energy infusion and addition health benefits from regular exercise are immeasurable.
Remember, nothing is worth more than your own body . . . treasure it, care for it, and your life will benefit!