Source: Redner’s HealthCents, Issue 64
Total time: 30 minutes | Servings: 4
- 1/2 cup U.S.-grown black rice cooked
- 1 cup U.S.-grown basmati rice, cooked
- 4 cups baby arugula, washed
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup almond slices, toasted
- 3 Tbsp. sour cherries, dried and chopped
- 1/3 cup feta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup lemon dressing
- 1 tsp. lemon zest curls (garnish)
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- Pinch black pepper, ground
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Cook black rice and basmati rice according to package directions, cool, and reserve for later use.
- Prepare lemon dressing and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl, adding lemon dressing to preference.
- Garnish with fresh lemon zest curls.
Combine all ingredients except oil in blender. With blender running, drizzle in oil to emulsify.
300 calories, 23 g. fat, 4 g. saturated fat, 10 mg. cholesterol, 126 mg. sodium, 19 g. carbohydrates, 3 g. fiber, 8 g. protein.