Submitted by Redner’s Markets’ HealthCents
Baked Pear Trail Mix
Prep time: 20 minutes
- 2 medium Green Anjou pears, unpeeled, diced into small pieces (about 1/2 inch)
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup peanut or almond butter
- 3 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 275° F.
- Place diced pears in large mixing bowl, sprinkle with lemon juice, and stir to coat.
- Add oats, almonds, cashews and sunflower seeds.
- In small bowl, mix peanut [or]almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla, water, and pumpkin pie spice together until smooth.
- Mix butter-maple syrup mixture into pear-oat-nut mixture, combining well to moisten dry ingredients.
- Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and spread trail mix evenly in pan.
- Place in oven and bake on top rack for 1 1/2 hours, stirring every 20 minutes.
- Turn oven off and keep pan in oven for an additional hour to dry pears.
- Remove from oven and transfer to an airtight container.