Black Bean Brownie Bites
Submitted by Donna Werner, Berks County PA
- 1 can 15oz of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup quick oats
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup organic maple syrup, honey, or agave
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup peanut butter or oil
- ½ cup chocolate chips, plus extra for toppings
- 2 tbsp chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a muffin pan with 12 paper liners.
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, mix together the black beans, cocoa powder, oats, salt, syrup/honey/agave, vanilla, baking powder, and peanut butter/oil until a rich, chocolaty batter forms.
- Stir in the chips.
- Divide the batter among the 12 muffin cups, filling about halfway.
- Press 3-4 chocolate chips and chopped pecans if using into the tops of the muffins.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10min. Then remove from over and let cool in muffin pan for an additional 10 minutes.
*** Makes 24 mini bites