Detox Rainbow Roll-ups with Peanut Sauce
This nutritional powerhouse is packed with carrots, curry hummus, red cabbage and dark leafy greens for color, crunch and general yumminess. And then, you know, dip it in some amazing peanut sauce. Detox Rainbow Roll-Ups – with curry hummus and veggies in a collard leaf, dunked in peanut sauce! Most beautiful healthy desk lunch!
- carrots, cut into matchsticks
- cucumbers, cut into matchsticks
- red cabbage
- curry hummus
- cooked rice orquinoa (optional)
- peanuts and cilantro
- collard greens (leaf)
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (tamari or coconut aminos if gluten free)
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 clove garlic
- Prep:Trim the stem/spine of the collard leaf – don’t cut it completely off, but just cut it down so that it’s nice and thin and pliable.
- Roll:Arrange your fillings on the collard leaf. Fold the ends in and roll from front to back, trying to keep everything in there nice and tight.
- Peanut Sauce:Run all the ingredients through a blender or food processor. Voila!
*You can steam the collard leaves if you want to make them more pliable, or just running the leaf under hot water or placing hot rice on it may be enough to soften it just a little bit.
*These aren’t the greatest for making ahead, since the hummus can get a little watery once it sits with the veggies. Recommend prepping everything and then keeping it in the fridge and rolling a fresh one each morning or just before you eat it. They will hold together nicely with toothpicks!
*For a completely sugar free version of this recipe, use white distilled vinegar.