- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 ⅓ cups chopped yellow onion
- ⅔ cup chopped carrot
- ⅔ cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 6 cups unsalted chicken broth
- 6 ounces orzo, preferably whole-wheat
- 1 ½ tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 24 cooked chicken meatballs (12 ounces)
- 4 cups baby spinach
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrot, celery and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is translucent, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add broth, cover and bring to a boil. Add orzo, oregano and salt; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the orzo is just tender, about 9 minutes.
- Stir in meatballs and spinach; cook until the meatballs are heated through and the spinach is wilted, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with cheese and drizzled with the remaining 3 tablespoons oil.