Source: The Mediterranean Dish
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, chopped (2-3 cups chopped leaves)
- Olive Oil
- 2 cups cooked (steamed or canned) brown lentils, drained
- 1 pomegranate, seeds of
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 English cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese for garnish
- 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp dried crushed mint leaves
- 1-2 tsp fresh ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- In a cast iron or heavy cooking skillet, heat 1 tbsp olive oil. Saute the Swiss chard on medium-high heat briefly until wilted. Season with a small pinch of salt. Let cool.
- Place sauteed Swiss chard with the brown lentils, pomegranate seeds, red onion, and cucumber in a large mixing bowl. Gently mix with a spoon.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, olive oil and honey. Add crushed mint, ground ginger, cumin, salt and pepper. Whisk again to combine.
- Drizzle the ginger-mint vinaigrette over the salad and gently toss with a spoon. Top with feta cheese, if you like.
- Enjoy at room temperature or slightly cooler.