Pumpkin French Toast Casserole
As a chill hits the air, fall is a time for nesting and whipping up delicious eats and seasonal treats. Nothing typifies autumn better than pumpkin and maple. Try this hearty breakfast and feed an army on a cold morning wrapped in fuzzy blankets!
- 1 loaf sliced brioche bread
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 8 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon, plus more to garnish
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cloves
- Confectioner’s sugar to garnish
- Cinnamon maple butter and maple syrup for serving
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with baking spray. Arrange the bread slices in the pan, slightly overlapping.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Evenly pour the mixture over the bread and if needed, press the bread down to fully soak. Sprinkle with cinnamon
- Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight
- To bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 30 min covered, then remove foil and bake another 30 min until set
- Sprinkled with powdered sugar before serving.
- Slice to serve. Serve with cinnamon maple butter and maple syrup.