Try this good mood food in May and fuel your emotional and physical wellness with brain-boosting salmon.
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 2 skin-on salmon fillets
- small bunch of parsley (including stalks), finely chopped
- ½ tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 shallot or 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- ½ tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 15oz can chickpeas , drained and rinsed
- 2 roasted red peppers from a jar, drained and chopped
- 50g kale
- Heat the grill to high. Whisk 1 tsp of the oil with the orange zest, a splash of the juice, lots of black pepper and a small pinch of salt. Put the salmon, skin-side down, on a non-stick baking tray and pour over the marinade. Leave to marinate at room temperature while you make the salsa.
- Put the parsley, mustard, half the shallot, the vinegar, 1 tsp oil, and the remaining orange juice in a food processor and blitz to a thick sauce, adding a splash of water to loosen if needed.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and fry the remaining shallot for 5 mins. Stir in the chickpeas and some seasoning, turn up the heat and stir until the chickpeas are just starting to crisp. Mash roughly with a potato masher and stir in the roasted peppers and kale. Add a splash of water and cover with a lid until the kale is wilted. Keep warm over a low heat.
- Grill the salmon for 4-6 mins, or until cooked to your liking. Spoon half the chickpeas onto a plate, top with a salmon fillet (leaving the skin behind if you like), and spoon over some of the salsa verde.