The sweet potato is the new star of breakfast. What’s not to love? It’s delicious and versatile, plus loaded with fiber and nutrients like vitamins A and C and potassium. Best of all, it keeps well when made in advance. Get ready to love waking up in the morning with this delicious recipe
Sweet Brekkie Sweet Potato
- One small sweet potato, scrubbed clean and poked with a fork a couple of times
- 1 to 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 2 big spoonfuls of coconut yogurt (or other yogurt of choice)
- Handful of fresh berries
- Handful of granola
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Put the sweet potato on the oven rack and bake for about 45 to 60 minutes, until soft to the touch. Allow to cool a little.
- Slice the warm potato open lengthwise and lightly mash flesh with a fork.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and almond butter, then sprinkle with cinnamon. Top with coconut yogurt, berries and granola to finish.
Note: You can do step two ahead of time and make a whole batch for the week, then reheat them in the microwave or oven right before serving.