By Mariella Frazier, Founder and Owner of Heritage Flour Baking Company
- 3/4 cup Organic Einkorn Pancake & Baking Mix, unsifted
- 1/2 cup milk, half-and-half or even water
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons br sugar, mixed with
- 1/2 – 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3c butter
- 3 medium apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/4c chopped pecans
- fresh lemon wedge
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In medium bowl combine mix, milk, eggs and vanilla, beat for 30 seconds into a light batter. Set aside.
- Mix together the sugar and cinnamon.
- Melt butter in a 9-10′ iron skillet then add sugar mixture.
- Immediately add sliced apples stirring to coat evenly. Cook apples 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Remove from heat and pour in pancake batter, arranging the apples evenly on top.
- Sprinkle with a little more cinnamon.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes (it will puff up).
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Cut into 4 wedges and serve hot with lemon wedges and butter, or with maple syrup (or both).
After cooking, apples can also be transferred to an ungreased 9-10″ pie plate before proceeding with the recipe, and then baked at 400 deg.